Power trowel is able to give the best results for strength, durability and flatness of the end product. However, Timing is important in finishing. Power trowels work in providing a quality floor levelling and polishing by providing a hard skin onto the concrete’s surface. This makes it hard and virtually dust free. There are either the walk-behind power trowel or the ride-on power trowel. Each has their own advantages to consider based on your needs.
Walk-Behind Power Trowels:
The main consideration for choosing the walk-behind power trowel would be the size of the concrete slab. Walk-Behind power trowels are ideal for the following applications:
- Finishing driveways
- small to mid-sized commercial or warehouse floors
- House slabs
- bridge decks
- making concrete walls
- easily operated without much effort or training
- gives concrete surfaces a finishing with the following features:
- smaller units which easily fit through doorways or walk around obstacles like the TOL60 and TOL75.
- Bigger units are suitable for medium to large sized floors which needs much more weight, speed and efficiency
- Easier to manoeuvre on the concrete
Features to look for when selecting the ideal walk-behind power trowels:
- easy access to trowel blades
- fine blade pitch adjustment
- height adjustable handles
- ergonomic throttle control
- optimal balance for smoother finishing.
Ride-On Power Trowels
On the other hand, a ride-on power trowels would be ideal for a larger concrete area of > 560 sq m2 therefore, it is essential for finishing concrete before it sets.
- Boost productivity with larger areas
- produce flatter finishes due to their weight
Features to look for:
- Machine’s weight to power ratio
- drive system
- ease of pitch control
- blade accessibility
There are also different trowel blades and float pans to go along with the power trowels depending on your needs. Different trowel blades will be covered in a future blog post. Hoppt carries a wide range of walk-behind power trowel or ride-on power trowel. Head over to following now!
- Walk- Behind Power Trowel: http://www.hoppt.com.au/walk-behind-power-trowels/
- Ride-On Power Trowel: http://www.hoppt.com.au/ride-on-power-trowel/